Top Ten: My Favorite Flavors
I’ve been working WAY too much lately. So, while at the store today, I took a quick turn by the ice cream aisle. The kids had been great and I figured why not? If you know me even a little, you know how much I LOVE, LOVE ice cream.
And, let’s be clear. There is only one maker worthy of the creamy stuff – Blue Bell. Let the midwest have their Blue Bunny. Ben & Jerry’s – no comparison.
Perhaps it’s because the two brothers who inherited the family business are dairy science majors from Texas A&M… Whatever the reason, this stuff rocks. Feel free to chime in with your favorite flavor!!
TOP TEN: FAVORITE BLUE BELL FLAVORS
1. Banana Split. Hands down, this is their best. Scott’s dad and I always had room for a scoop, or 2 or 3, for this one. Everytime I eat a bowl, I think of Bryant sitting in his recliner saying, “I love Banana Split, Kathryn, don’t you?”
2. Homemade Vanilla. The artist must have a clean slate in which to work, no?
3. Mint Chocolate Chip. Ever since I was a kid, this has always been a favorite flavor of mine.
4. Moolenium Crunch. Wowza. It was a friend’s favorite and she served up a scoop, I’ve been a fan ever since.
5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. This one brings back good memories from my time in Mosher Hall at A&M. Lots of late nights down to the store before studying!!
6. Chocolate Covered Strawberries. NEW FLAVOR. Yes, this is the one we picked up today. YUM.
7. Cookies ‘n Cream.
8. Tin Roof.
9. Rocky Road.
10. Centennial Cupcake. This one is in honor of my beloved Texas 4-H. Not only does the ice cream taste great, but 4-H paid for half my college education. I should be buying this stuff by the truckloads!
Jake is upset because today at the grocery store I passed up the new “Snickerdoodle”! Here is what blue bell has to say about it: Flavorful cinnamon ice cream with chunks of snickerdoodle cookies and a praline cinnamon swirl. Reading that, I am mad that I passed it up too!
I’m boring. Dutch Chocolate for me please! No other will do 🙂
I love Homeade Vanilla (with chocolate syrup)and Cookies n Cream. Cory is big Milk Chocolate fan.
We got something the other day (I am too lazy to go downstairs and check the name) that's vanilla ice cream with fudge and caramel ribbons and little bits of cherry. So good Remember the creamery at A&M? So delicious. I puffy heart ice cream.
I’m with Amanda…Dutch Chocolate all the way!