SXM COMMERCIALS & RESOURCES MENTIONED
- Family roadtrips and how we make them meaningful
- Back-to-school tips
- Don't be afraid to get in the photo. When people you love are far away or gone forever, it's the memories and photos they will cherish.
- When life gets overwhelming, just do today!
- Using color-coding to simplify your home
- My encouragement to NICU moms
- My two podcasts for NICU parents and NICU professionals
SXM SPECIAL, MARY: WHY SHE MATTERS (PART 1)
- Sr. Josephine Garrett, Catholic convert, religious sister and licensed counselor, talks about life in the convent and navigating a relationship with Mary when your own relationship with your mother is wounded.
- Matt Maher shares his song, "Always Carry You," a duet with Grammy award winner, Amy Grant
SXM SPECIAL, MARY: WHY SHE MATTERS (PART 2)
- Fr. Rob Galea has an online course, Knowing Mary, and he and I chat about "the Mary thing" and why she gets so much press in the church.
- Daily rosary on YouTube with @manyhailmarysatatime
- Mater Eucharistae album by the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist
- Divine Mercy Chaplet, sung by Fr. Rob
- Hail Holy Queen by Scott Hahn
- 33 Days to Morning Glory by Fr. Michael Gaitley
SXM SPECIAL, MARY: WHY SHE MATTERS (PART 3)
- Visiting consecrations and deepening a relationship with author of 33 Days to Morning Glory, Fr. Michael Gaitley
- Fr. Edward Looney and I visit about Marian apparations, particularly the only US-approved on in Wisconsin.
SXM SPECIAL, KATHRYN WHITAKER SHOW (DAY 1)
- Rachel Bulman, author of Becoming Wife shares how being a wife impacts the church.
- Thomas Peters, spinal cord injury survivor, and his wife Natalie describe how to endure difficult seasons in marriage.
- The Abiding Together podcast episode shares advice about healing and restoring broken marriages with Dr. Bob Schuchts.
- Find St. Nicholas cookie cutters and Catholic-themed pencils from Catholic Curio.
- Rethinking gift giving and our "three gifts" tradition of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
SXM SPECIAL, KATHRYN WHITAKER SHOW (DAY 2)
- Bro. Guy Consolmagno, S.J., chats about the intersection of science and faith, the "Christmas Star," zodiac signs and horoscopes.
- For the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, find beautifully styled Marian items from Be A Heart and Pax Beloved
SXM SPECIAL, KATHRYN WHITAKER SHOW (DAY 3)
- Watch the Social Dilemma on Netflix.
- Katie Linendoll chats women in technology and shares useful gadgets for the holidays.
- Serve up some joy with this father-daughter dancing duo.
- Carlos Whittaker, a self-proclaimed "hope dealer," explains how he is able to have hard conversations with fruitful outcomes and his new book Enter Wild.
- Enjoy this parent prayer.
- Spotify list: dishwashing prayer list
SXM SPECIAL, KATHRYN WHITAKER SHOW (DAY 4)
- Former professional soccer player and league MVP, Fr. Chase Hilgenbrinck shares how soccer and his love of the game ultimately led him to serve the church as a Catholic priest.
- 31-year veteran of the CIA and current professor at the Bush School of Government talks about the moral dilemmas of spying in his books Fair Play and To Catch a Spy.
SXM SPECIAL, KATHRYN WHITAKER SHOW (DAY 5)
- What does it mean to be homeless and how can you serve people on the fringes? Ask Alan Graham and Mobile Loaves and Fishes.
- Bishop Bill Wack, Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee, chats living out your vocation joyfully, and with authenticity.
- Need a laugh? Enjoy the packaging guy videos.
- Does your family need prayers? Feel free to send us your Christmas card and we'll add you to our evening dinner prayers: Kathryn Whitaker, P.O. Box 3091, Cedar Park, TX 78630
- Enjoy our favorite family cookbooks: Real Food Slow Cooker, Super Simple and any Southern Living one! And, here's our favorite family recipe, Chicken Alla Panna.