Happy Father’s Day!
What a weekend!
I headed up to Dallas on Saturday to see my old roomies and fellow Chi-Os. E and Lis – I haven’t laughed that hard in a LONG time. Man, not much has changed except that now we think we looked so much better in college!! The time was way too short, but I’m grateful for the few hours that we did have. We must do that again soon.
On Sunday, we enjoyed brunch with my parents and some family friends, Don and Alby. The food was fantastic, as usual. And, John Paul belted out “Papa, Nana, I love you!” during the meal. Our sentiments exactly.
Scott spent some time with the boys fishing and I took the girls for some Amy’s Ice Cream. We had a great time, but when the boys got back (with no fish in hand) and found out we got ice cream, Will’s reply was, “Dad, that’s not fair. They got ice cream and all we got…was hot.” Reason #54 to buy the fish at Central Market and go for the ice cream everytime 🙂
And, before the whole weekend gets away from me, here is an added bonus: A Father’s Day top ten. Yes, you get THREE this week. Aren’t you lucky?
TOP TEN REASONS MY DAD HUNG THE MOON
1. He wrote me “I love you” letters in college. I got 3-4 week and it made the distance so much easier to swallow. I would practically run to the mailbox every day!!
2. He knows the value of hard work.
3. He’s funny…in his own “Bill” sortof way. And, he’ll talk to a fencepost – he’s not shy at all!
4. He loves being a grandpa…and the kids love him.
5. He tells you that he loves you and always has a hug. In fact, I think that’s the thing I love most about my dad. He didn’t hear it much growing up, but he tells me that all the time. I grew up knowing I was loved. How lucky am I?
6. He loves brisket and strawberries more than any person I know.
7. He cries. Yep, the day I left for college and the day I got married were the two times I saw my dad shed a tear. Those were tough days for both of us, weren’t they Dad?
8. He’s patient.
9. He has a laid back attitude and doesn’t let things keep him up at night. Man, I wish I could do that!
10. He’s sensitive, faithful and the kind of guy everybody wants to call a friend.
I Love you Dad.
And, for the other man in my life…I believe my Dad told him, after he asked for permission to marry me, “She’s all yours. Good luck to ya.”
TOP TEN REASONS I LOVE MY HUSBAND (the list could be so much longer, but I won’t do that to you)
1. He is a man of great faith. That has served our family well and I am blessed to be his wife.
2. How he embraces his role as a father. The kids absolutely adore him. Really, they do. He’s definitely “good cop” in our house.
3. What an incredible cook he is – in the kitchen and on the grill. He gets that from his Dad.
4. How he still acts like he’s 5 but I somehow find it cute?? OK, most of the time, I do. Perhaps that’s why the boys love him so much.
5. How he never gets ruffled. Seriously? I flip out and Scott just takes it all in stride. Amazing.
6. How much he loves spaghetti, ketchup, the movie “Hoosiers”, Texas A&M and fishing.
7. How sensitive he is. Yes, he’s a man’s man, but he changes diapers, cleans toilets, cleans up throw-up, rocks a sick kiddo or helps me decorate the house. What more could you ask for?
8. That he’s using his gift of fundraising to glorify God. He’s good at what he does and loves every minute.
9. How he always rubs my back, even when he doesn’t want to, and says, “I’d love to dear.” (and means it)
10. How he makes me feel when he walks into a room. We may have been married (almost) 12 years, but I’m as much in love with him today, as I was when we first met.
I love you sweetheart – more than air 🙂
We do have some special men in our lives don’t we? 🙂
I’ll second that. All reasons why we’ve been married for almost 37 years…
How blessed we are to have such wonderful husbands and fathers 🙂