Top Ten: Random Tidbits
Well, we all have some of these in our life, now don’t we? I suppose I was inspired by the 25 Random Things application on Facebook…but, just never took the time to put it out there on my wall. That’s so last month.
But, the blog is a different beast. Here goes things you probably never knew about me (and perhaps don’t care to know), but you get them anyway 🙂
TOP TEN: RANDOM TIDBITS
1. I LOVE Neil Diamond. Have the box set, as a matter of fact. So jealous that my high school buddy Leah got to hear him sing, in person, during the Boston 4th of July fireworks. Nobody belts “America” out better than Mr. Shiny Shirt himself.
2. I seriously considered applying to the Air Force Academy. I know…me, right? We toured the site, I fell in love with the chapel and the boys in uniform. Scoliosis kept me from going down that path. Eh, I still got my man in uniform at A&M. And, we journeyed to a chapel. Win-win.
3. I big, huge puffy heart cheese – any kind. Heaven, for me, is the cheese aisle at Whole Foods. I’m hoping the real place has the same aisle.
4. You will rarely see me in shorts. Not a big fan of my bird legs, but I am a fan of capris, jeans and long dresses.
5. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve been fascinated with hot air balloons. Angel Fire used to have a huge festival and I constantly bugged my parents to let me ride. No dice. Someday, folks, someday.
6. About four years ago, Scott and I applied to be contestants on a reality show. Crazy, right? We were just traveling fools and thought “The Amazing Race” – the old school one – sounded like a blast. Guess we were the only ones that thought we were cool enough to have our 15 minutes of fame.
7. I love cleaning. I’m OCD that way and can’t stand to step on freshly vacuumed carpet.
8. Anytime I see a street preacher, I cringe. I always felt like there was a better way to reach people. Something about screaming at people on a corner with a Bible in your hand does not seem like the kind of thing that “brings people to Christ.” I’m reminded of St. Francis of Assisi…”Preach the Gospel at all times, when necessary, use words.”
9. I still sleep with my baby blanket. Hey, don’t make me call out names of those of you who do it, too.
10. I love it when Scott holds my hand in public…love it.
p.s. We’re officially on our family “staycation/vacation” until next Tuesday. May be light posting the rest of the week. No worries, I won’t keep you hanging until then.
Love #9 😉 What's even weirder is that our blankets look alike.
I'm with you on the cheese thing. It's a family trait – your Papa started it and we have continued it!
#9 Wasn't your blanket called the woobie? I remember laughing about it and hiding it from you.