I hope I don’t get in trouble by Dr. Whitaker. I was told to take it easy today…updating the blog counts as easy, doesn’t it?

The procedure went well – very well, according to our doctor. I do have to share that just before he inserted the needle (we finally had calmed down the baby and found a great pocket of amniotic fluid), that little stinker shoved its hand right in the way. The doctor just chuckled, looked at me and said, “Did you see that?” Guess this one is already going to be trouble 🙂 At any rate, it was much less painful than I envisioned and quicker too, about a minute. I’m feeling fine, physically anyway. Before the procedure we met with a genetic counselor. She was very kind, compassionate and knowledgable. I’ll be talking to her in the coming days and am glad we have a face with a name.

We won’t have complete results for about a week and a half. Ugh. The waiting game has begun. We will get some initial results on Monday, so our plan is to stay busy this weekend and give it to God. HA. I’ll let you know how that goes.

I have to say, the prayers were felt – honestly. I didn’t even feel like I was going to throw up this morning 🙂 Scott and I are overwhelmed, truly, by so many of you. We love you and can’t wait to share the news in the coming days. Whatever it turns out to be, we know it is of God. Sometimes He gives us more credit than we give ourselves. But, as Mother Teresa once said, “God never gives you more than you can handle. Sometimes, I just wish He didn’t trust me so much.”

On that note, I’ll get back to the couch before I get in trouble.

8 Comments

1. Nicole on May 28, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Thinking of and praying for you guys! Take it easy today – and yes – I’m sure you’ll keep busy this weekend… I figured you’d have almost a two week wait until you knew much of the results. Hang in there! God has such a special plan for your lives… I often think He only gives special situations to those He knows can handle it and to those He knows will bring Him glory! You guys are amazing – and I admire your faith and commitment to Him and your precious family. Truly, this baby is blessed. Glad it went well today – and that the prayers were felt. We’ll continue lifting them up on your behalf! Hugs from Indiana!

2. Makenna on May 28, 2009 at 9:17 pm

I’ve been thinking of your family all day- I was glad to read such a good news blog post! Best wishes for a beautiful and busy weekend! Love, The Dohrmann’s

3. Kelley on May 29, 2009 at 12:52 am

I have to concur, I have been thinking of you all day, and wad relieved to read the post!! I’m sure you can find something to keep you busy! Know that others are anxious for results too! We’ll keep those prayers coming.

4. Jenni on May 29, 2009 at 12:54 am

I hesitate to post this but you being who you are here I go. A year ago today I delivered Christopher Helgoth. He has passed away 5 days previous at 16 weeks. I tell you this not to worry you but to recommend him in prayer to you on this day and through your pregnancy. I know that was his job in life, to pray for these tough pregnancies. Thanks for letting me share him with you. Know I will be praying for you.

5. Kacy on May 29, 2009 at 3:47 am

You, my friend, are an inspiration to all us mothers… and, you are right! It is of God and his plan. And, God bless her… Mother Teresa was right too when she thanked God for trusting her – but wish it wasn’t so much! Whew! I know that of all people, you and Scott will love and cherish all of your little blessings – always, forever, amen! But, I’m going to be a little selfish for you… I pray that God hold you, love you, equip you, prepare you, support you (and by you, I mean you and Scott!)… and bless you with a new life to complete(?) your family. Life is a blessing, children are a blessing, health is a blessing… it is of God. I hope you can lay your head down to rest tonight knowing that God will equip you to handle whatever he blesses you with. xo

6. v.mena on May 29, 2009 at 3:55 am

I am thinking and praying for you and your growing family. I want to echo each of those before me and say that you and your family are such a bright example of God’s love in this world. Your faith in this scary time is such an inspiration.

7. all things girly on May 29, 2009 at 12:25 pm

hi- you don’t know me but my husband is Lisa Malhiots cousin, anyway, don’t freak out. my doctor told me the same thing with my 3rd girl, the whole “echogenic bowel” thing and she was perfectly fine!! the prayers can’t hurt and it’s in God’s hands but I know it will be a long 2 weeks (that’s how long it took to get my results) wait for the results!! did you have any bleeding in the beginning or your pregnancy???

keep praying-
    Vanessa Brown
    allthingsgirly4@blogspot.com

8. Kathryn on May 30, 2009 at 8:35 pm

Thanks to each of you for sharing so much and for praying for our family. I’d like to say I’m super strong, but I know better. It’s your prayers…